The Abberley Lives project saw many members of the team experience significant Firsts…
- our first visit to the County Record Office
- first time using original archive material to research village history
- the first time any of us had seen the St George’s Hall minute book
- our first Oral History training and interviews
- the first time most of us had contributed to a book about the village history
Now, we are going to learn how to blog!
Our website proved to be a very useful tool for spreading the word about our research into the 20th century history of our village. As a result of our posts, we received enquiries from Canada and Australia. People sent us stories about their own part of our village history, most notably the contribution from Betty, evacuated to Abberley at the outset of World War 2.
This summer, we hope to begin researching the site and orgins of the village’s medieval castle. So we want to continue using this blog to spread the word about what we find.
To find out more, contact us!